Giant bison (Bison latifrons) was a species of prehistoric bison that lived in North America during the Pleistocene epoch, around 2 million to 11,000 years ago. It was one of the largest bison species that ever lived, with a body size comparable to modern bison and an estimated weight of up to 2,000 pounds.
- Giant bison were well-adapted to the cold environments of the last Ice Age and had a thick, shaggy coat to insulate them from the cold.
- They were an important source of food for many prehistoric predators, including dire wolves, Smilodon (saber-toothed cats), and American lions.
- Fossils of giant bison have been found in many locations across North America, providing important evidence for the distribution and evolution of this species.
- Giant bison went extinct around 11,000 years ago, and the exact cause of their extinction is unknown, although some theories suggest that climate change, overhunting by humans, or the combined effects of both may have played a role.
- Today, their remains provide important paleontological and archaeological information about the prehistoric environment and the mammals that lived during the last Ice Age.
Artist: José Jorge Pereiro. For larger scales, print will be in parts.
This is a high quality miniature 3D printed by Speira Miniatures in Sweden.
You can paint it as any normal miniature, no need to wash it beforehand. It is delivered unpainted.
Usable for dioarama, wargaming or tabletop role-playing games, such as Dungeon and Dragons, Warhammer, Pathfinder and so on. Also great as decor in your home if you order the large scales. We can always transform any model into a bust if you like, please contact us.
Due to the inherit nature of 3D printing the miniatures might contain imperfections and could require additional cleanup where the support have been; use sand paper or green putty for example. Print layers will sometimes be visable.
3D resin is brittle, even if we use a mixture than makes it more flexible. However it cannot be compared with the normal plastic that is used for example Warhammer, Marx or Conte miniatures. Handle the 3D prints with care, a fall can break them. Glue info here.
There are no reviews yet.